Another oldie but goodie DIY! I purchased this Hope Chest at a Salvation Army in Connecticut for $50. This is awesome seeing that this Hope Chest is actually worth $250! However, this chest needed some hardcore TLC. The padding was thin, the material was worn, the wood was all scratched up. So I gave it a makeover!!
When I saw it I immediately knew that I would be purchasing it. I’ve had it for three years now and it is the perfect storage space for my linens. Just in case you didn’t know the top opens hence the whole “chest” thing lol. Anyways, I reupholstered the top of the chest in the same way I reupholstered the chairs from my last DIY post. I used the same fabric that I purchased from Joann’s Fabric. I measured the top of the chest and purchased the necessary two inch foam.
I went to Target to purchase new knobs, and I spray painted the wood the same deep brown color that I used on the chairs. Below are the results and all of the material I used.
Materials Used (click the links below for prices):
Fabric (couldn’t find exact color/pattern)